WHAT DO DOLLY PARTON AND VAL HAVE IN COMMON?
1) LITERACY: They're both passionate about literacy! Dolly is known as one of the significant pioneers of the literacy movement (including her generous giving of books to children with her Imagination Library), and Val is committed to fostering data literacy, as the new literacy of our digital age!
2) THEIR FATHERS: They're both inspired by their fathers who each had grade school educations, but who cared about the importance of learning, education and hard work.
3) NASHVILLE: Dolly lives there, and Val will be there soon!
Val has been selected by the Greater Nashville Technology Council as this year's Keynote Speaker at the 2021 Analytics Summit on October 18th, 2021!
Register here, if you're in the Nashville area, we'd love to see you!
Watch the replay of our celebration of International Literacy Day!
- The State of Data Literacy in 2021
- Data Literacy Programs: Keys to Getting Started
- Data Literacy Programs: Lessons Learned
(CDO Magazine, 2021)
Join this session to learn:
Why data literacy, and why now? A convergence of disciplines, across diverse roles and backgrounds.
How to unlock radical collaboration? The 3 keys to fostering data literacy.
Val joined Drew Smith for an IIA webinar to discuss the important topic of building the case for Data Literacy, and what could happen if you don't.
Take a few moments to listen to this all important replay, found on the IIA website.
Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2020Time: 9:00am - 11:00am AEST (Sydney/Melbourne)
4:00pm - 6:00 pm PT Monday 9/7 (California)
7:00pm - 9:00 pm ET Monday 9/7 (New York)
Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2020Time: 9:00am - 11:00am PT (California)12:00pm - 2:00pm ET (New York)
5:00pm - 7:00pm BST (UK)
A rare, in-depth conversation with Lee and Greg looking back at the 3+ year Data and Analytics journey so far at the Society, welcoming their next CDO, fostering data literacy as part of a data-informed culture, and Greg’s experience as one of our Inaugural Bootcamp and Community members at The Data Lodge!
A CONVERSATION WITH:
The Data Lodge offers Base Camp and Base Camp PLUS, two self-paced, online courses as a low-cost alternative to explore, plan and kickstart your Data Literacy Programs!
Listen to this 10 minute intro video from our CEO & Founder, Valerie Logan, as she describes:
- The needs behind the creation of Base Camp
- What Base Camp is, and how it works
- How to learn more and enroll!
Please also download a PDF of the materials - great to use to help build the case to attend!
Listen in on a Data Foundation interview with Val on how to get started on a successful Data Literacy Program.
While living in unprecedented times, one thing is clear: the ability to make data-informed and evidence-based decisions has never been more critical in our work lives and personal lives. Data literacy has been emerging steadily as a top priority for workforce upskilling, yet we now also see firsthand the criticality of citizen data literacy.
As a basis for near-term steps and longer-term planning, this webinar set a baseline and common language to address:
What is data literacy and why does it matter now (individually and collectively)?
What does a data literacy program include, and who is doing this today?
What are the key steps to get started?