Register for the replay of our event: Special Webinar with The Data Lodge: Announcement Q&A with Val!
This hour with Val was an open forum where she addressed your questions, comments and ideas about our recent announcement (official press release link here).
Thank you for being an active part of the data literacy movement!
Friday, September 8, 2023 11:00am - 2:00pm ET
Register below for a replay of our 4th annual celebration of progress... globally!
It was also a celebration of our 4th anniversary at the Lodge,
and our mascot Cooper's 4th birthday!
In our 4th annual ILD webinar, we covered:
The Data Lodge offers Base Camp and Base Camp PLUS, two self-paced, online courses as a low-cost alternative to explore, plan and kickstart your Data Literacy Programs!
Listen to this 10 minute intro video from our CEO & Founder, Valerie Logan, as she describes:
- The needs behind the creation of Base Camp
- What Base Camp is, and how it works
- What Campers are saying about their experience
- How to learn more and enroll!
Please also download a PDF of the materials - great to use to help build the case to attend!
You may remember Val digging into this topic last year during The Data Lodge webinar: "Data Literacy: What's In a Name?"
In this article, she continues taking a look into how words and language can help build a data culture - or hinder it - and how she, intentionally, landed on "data literacy."
Thursday, September 8, 2022 11:00am - 2:00pm ET
Register below for the replay of our 3rd annual celebration of progress... globally!
It's also a celebration of our 3rd anniversary at the Lodge,
and our mascot Cooper's 3rd birthday!
Most importantly, it was a perfect day to raise awareness annually about the importance of data literacy, and to celebrate and learn from the pioneers of the data literacy movement.
WHAT DO DOLLY PARTON AND VAL HAVE IN COMMON?
1) LITERACY: They're both passionate about literacy! Dolly is known as one of the significant pioneers of the literacy movement (including her generous giving of books to children with her Imagination Library), and Val is committed to fostering data literacy, as the new literacy of our digital age!
2) THEIR FATHERS: They're both inspired by their fathers who each had grade school educations, but who cared about the importance of learning, education and hard work.
3) NASHVILLE: Dolly lives there, and Val will be there soon!
Val has been selected by the Greater Nashville Technology Council as this year's Keynote Speaker at the 2021 Analytics Summit on October 18th, 2021!
Register here, if you're in the Nashville area, we'd love to see you!
Watch the replay of our celebration of International Literacy Day!
- The State of Data Literacy in 2021
- Data Literacy Programs: Keys to Getting Started
- Data Literacy Programs: Lessons Learned
Date: Thursday, August 19, 2021
Time: 11:00 - 12:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Data Literacy. Data Fluency. Data Acumen.
What should this field be called, and how do we clarify and align our intentions?
[Listen to the replay for an engaging discussion where we approach this important question with a healthy dose of curiosity!]
"CDO Magazine has once again searched the globe, reached out to key influencers and industry organizations and is excited to announce our 2021 list. These women are shaping the landscape of business and pioneering the field of data and analytics. They are leveraging their talents to get real world results, to answer tough business questions and to provide true value to the enterprise, their customers and key stakeholders. CDO Magazine is committed to being a champion to women in the field of data and analytics. We are proud to highlight the accomplishments of women and want to be a catalyst to advance opportunities for women in the field. We are pleased to announce our second Global Data Power Women List."
(CDO Magazine, 2021)